[TriLUG] [OT] Macintosh repair

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jul 17 08:02:52 EDT 2002

Rodent of Unusual Size [Ken.Coar at Golux.Com] wrote:

> So I'm ready to recycle it -- but before I do I want to scavenge
> the disks.  I suppose I could find someone who would let me hook
> up the external drive to their Mac and copy its contents to CDs
> or to a storage place on the net, but I'm not sure what to do
> about the INternal drive.  Is there a Linux driver for MaxOS 7
> HFS-formatted drives?

Open that bad boy up, pop out the internal drive, drop it in an external
enclosure, and do the same thing as the external drive.

There is an HFS driver for Linux, but I'm not sure how stable it is.  I
believe it's 'experimental' and they warn that it might eat your drive
if you enable write support.

You would be safest to find some kind soul to copy the data with their
Mac.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost