[TriLUG] OOP book recommendations

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 24 09:42:51 EDT 2002

Mike Mueller wrote:
> When I faced the decision of learning Perl vs Python, I choose Python.  Two
> factors swayed me: 1) testimonials that Python is easier to read than Perl,
> and 2) Python's being OO from the ground up gets you exposed to that way of
> thinking as you solve problems.

I had heard that Python's OO capabilities  were tacked on after the
initial design and implementation.

I am also playing around with the idea of learning an interpreted OO
language.  I feel some interest in learning Ruby, but Python seems more
widely used.  If there are people on this list who code in both (or either)
Ruby or Python, I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

Thanks.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |	http://www.xray.ncsu.edu
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204