[TriLUG] OOP book recommendations

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 24 10:36:11 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 09:42, Paul D. Boyle reputedly wrote:

> I had heard that Python's OO capabilities  were tacked on after the
> initial design and implementation.

My source is "Learning Python" by Mark Lutz &
David Ascher published by O'Reilly page 4:

"Python is an object-oriented language, from the ground up. Its class model
supports advanced notions such as polymorphism, operator overloading, and
multiple inheritance; yet in the context of Python's dynamic typing,
object-oriented programming  (OOP) is remarkably easy to apply.  In fact, if
you don't understand these terms, you'll find they are much easier to learn
with Python than with just about any other OOP language available."

Having started with C++ and then having picked up Python, I heartily concur
with the passage above.