[TriLUG] home mail servers (was Re: OT: flame on)

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 30 11:27:09 EDT 2002

Nathan,

Depends on how the secondary server is configured.  Some will send a
bounce says that there was an attempt made to deliver, but that it has
failed for the past 4 hours, but it will keep trying for the next 24,
etc.  Some secondarys will hold onto the mail indefinitely.  Typically,
most will bounce after 24-48 hours, though.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer