[TriLUG] xinitrc questions

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Fri Aug 16 04:37:30 EDT 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> Some of you know I've changed my setup. I do NOT have KDE or GNOME on my
> laptop, just fluxbox. I have my dockapps working through the Fluxbox slit.
> However, I would like to have some startup at login. I have read on this and
> I've done the following:
>
> example .xinitrc:
>
> exec bubblemon &
> exec wmShutdown &
> exec Xscreensaver &
> exec Fluxbox &

Check the apps to see if they take a "withdrawn" or "slit" switch
(in my experience most likely -w for blackbox-compatible apps).

Also, in my experience, you shouldn't need to background Fluxbox
(unless you're calling this from a display manager?) since it
appears to be the last app in your ~/.xinitrc ...

I could be wrong, but that's how an app is similarly configured
here on blackbox.

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc