[TriLUG] Wireless questions...

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Mon Aug 19 09:28:25 EDT 2002

Hopefully there are some wireless folks out there that know the answer
to this question....

I have a group of computers in my office downstairs including my Linux
box gatewaying to road runner.  I'm moving a desktop computer upstairs
and since I can't get wires up there easily I'd like to hook them up
wireless.  This would be some kind of wireless bridge to another hub
were I could put one or more wired computers.  Also, I'll be getting a
laptop soon and my son will be getting one next summer for college so
I'd like to use them via the wireless network also.

My question is...  There seems to be access points that work as access
points or as bridges, but not both at the same time.  I think I need an
access point for the laptops and a bridge for the two wired lans??

Is this correct??  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Steve Kuekes

Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com