[TriLUG] odd question of the day.

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 20 08:51:13 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 20:21, Greg Brown wrote:
> Does anyone here work at the EPA or know anything about their computer
> infrastructure?  Rumor has it the EPA has gone to Linux in a big way but I
> can't find anything on their website about Linux at all.  This whole thing
> started started because I'm trying to find an area of the government where
> Linux has made some inroads.  So far the DOD has some rabid Linux users but
> no official Linux policy other than to say DOD people shouldn't run Linux.

My father-in-law works at the EPA and I believe they are running Linux -
how much or what distro etc, I'd have to ask. What kind of information
are you looking for (ie - official documentation or just confirmation of
rumors?)?? The reason I ask is I don't know how much will be shared with
the public - some places are just really pyranoid :)

Let me know what specifics your looking for and I'll ask.
Lisa B.