Belkin SOHO KVM's and X (was: Re: [TriLUG] What to do when KDEfreaks out?)

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue Aug 27 15:12:53 EDT 2002

> I do have the problem that when switching back to linux
> (Redhat 7.3 and
> Gnome 1.4) I loose all my mouse settings.  The mouse works, it's just
> freakishly fast (I use a logitech marbleman and change the
> acceleration
> and speed to better suit the trackball).  It doesn't matter
> what OS I'm
> switching back from Windows, BSD, Linux, or blank slot, it
> always resets
> the mouse and I have to exit X and startx back up to get my mouse
> settings (that or go re-apply them in the gnome settings)  Any ideas?

This is going to sound goofy, but I have experianced what you are
describing. I haven't nailed it down yet, but I think it has something to do
with switching machines using the keyboard shortcut vs. the buttons. I can't
remember which one worked better for me, but I do remember that I had a lot
less instances of FMS (Freaky Mouse Syndrome) when I used one method over
the other. I'm speaking in past tense right now because I am rebuilding my
RH box and so I haven't been using Win & Lin for a while.

HTH, Justin