[TriLUG] What to do when KDE freaks out?

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue Aug 27 13:05:24 EDT 2002

> > It's a Belkin 2-port KVM switch SOHO. It has buttons, but I think I
> > could also use a keystroke if I remembered. However, since I have to
> > reah up and auto-sync my monitor when I switch it over so
> the picture's
> > not fuzzy - I use it manually.

Hey Lisa,
I'm using the same set up(4 port though), but I do have a fuzzy picture.
What do you mean when you say "auto-sync my monitor"? The 'ghosting' is
about to drive me nuts. I assumed it was a shortcoming in the KVM or cables
/ cable length.

> I'm using a new 4 port belkin to switch btw a Linux box
> (distro changes  way
> too often) and a win2k box with no refresh or freak-out problems.
+1

> It works if I push the button on the box or the key combos.
+1

> Does anyone know how to make the beeping stop?
No, but I would like to know as well. One would think that the flashing
monitor, desktop changes, etc. would be enough to alert the user that the
active system has changed, no? Guess Belkin didn't think so. ;-)

Justin