[TriLUG] Ticketing system for Linux?

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 29 07:55:43 EDT 2002

Will the Remedy client run under Windows 95/98/ME?  If so, it might be
worthwhile to try it on Win4Lin as well.  It really is a pretty decent
package if you want to run your Win9x/ME apps without rebooting.  it
does require a full Windows install and a valid license, but it doesn't
create nearly the performance drain in Linux that VMWare does (since
VMWare splits your system's resources evenly, and Win4Lin only takes
what you tell it to take, and can run on as little as 24MB of RAM).  The
performance under Windows is pretty close to native for most apps, but
some of the bigger memory/proc hogs (e.g. Powerpoint, Photoshop) will
need you to bump the reserved memory up a tad for solid performance.

I realize I may be a bit biased here.  For those who don't know, and in
the interest of full disclosure, I used to work for Netraverse, which
while it wasn't all it was cracked up to be as an employer, does put out
a very competetive and solid Windows emulation/virtual pc app.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer