[TriLUG] UPS Batteries

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Thu Aug 29 11:42:37 EDT 2002

Thanks for the advice.  I actually had two UPS's down.  One wouldn't
power things even with A/C power on it and one didn't work when the
power failed.  One was a Cyberpower and one was a tripp lite.  I opened
both up to get the batteries and found the Cyberpower smelled like
something was burned inside.  The battery had 12+ volts and was cool.
The tripp lite's battery was warm and had only ~10 volts.  They both
were the same battery though 7 amp-hour....  I took the good battery and
put it in the tripp lite and it works fine now.  I think the Cyberpower
is smoked.  I guess it did its job and kept some of my computers from
going up.  Well two dead gets one alive for $0.  Not bad.

Thanks for the help.

--
Steve Kuekes

Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com