[TriLUG] Linuxisfor------- [CONTENT WARNING]

Dan Monjar dmonjar at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 1 08:52:03 EDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 10:15:49PM -0400, Ben Pitzer wrote:
> Daniel, I agree with what you're saying, but the unfortunate fact is
> that companies can get (and have been) sued for this sort of thing, if
> they don't create a policy against it.  The fact of the matter is that
> if a company does not have a "proactive" stance against workplace
> harrassment, then they are liable for damages to employees who sue.

<SNIP>

I understand... I've been providing mail services for over 10 years and have
drafted a few CYA policies myself.  My point was that if her company's policy
has her so intimidated that opening the home page of that site is a problem then
it is not a CYA but a hammer.  Regardless of how "nice" a place it is to
work my choice would be not to work with such an organization.