[TriLUG] Maybe OT: PDAs

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 5 09:38:21 EDT 2002

William Ward wrote:
> Don't overestimate the value of PDAs.  For the most part, they're
> pointless without always-on e-mail ability.

I couldn't disagree more.  I've been using PDAs for almost 10 years.
Starting with a Casio BOSS, then an original USR Palm Pilot and now
my current Palm V.  I've obviously never had always-on e-mail.  I use
my PDA many times every day to organize my personal and professional
life. If I didn't, I'd always be forgetting appointments, errands, etc.
While I can imagine living without one, I don't relish the thought.

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com