[TriLUG] Volunteers Needed: TriLUG table at Lulu Tech Circus

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Sep 12 14:31:09 EDT 2002

Hey all,

TriLUG is planning to have a table in the user group area of the upcoming
Lulu Tech Circus.  This is the techie show being planned for Sept. 27-29
at the NC State Fairgrounds.   More about the show here:
http://www.techcircus.com/  .  (If you register, please use code #ltc0330u
as TriLUG gets a referral bonus.)

So far our idea for the table is to demonstrate Linux running on several
platforms: Sparc, Macintosh (linuxppc), Alpha, and Intel.  And, we'll
promote TriLUG and evangelize about Linux in general.

So, we need volunteers to staff our table.  We need to have people there
for the entire length of the show, so I've split it up into shifts.  I
think it would be good to have at least two volunteers for each shift.

We may be able to arrange free admission to the show for a few volunteers
(the Tech Circus has given us a small number of free passes).  Otherwise,
you will need to pay the admission of $15.00 ($20 after Sept. 15) but it
is good for all three days.

Here are the shifts, and those who have signed up so far:

Friday, 12 noon - 5 pm	:	Jeremy Portzer
Friday, 5 pm - 9 pm	:
Saturday, 10 am - 2 pm  :	Tanner Lovelace
Saturday, 2 pm - 5 pm	:
Saturday, 5 pm - 9 pm	:
Sunday, 10 am - 2 pm	: 	Mike Johnson
Sunday, 2 pm - 6 pm	: 	Mike Johnson

As you can see, there are a lot of openings. :-)

Please let me or steering at trilug.org know if you're interested in
volunteering, or see the SC at tonight's meeting.  And even if you can't
volunteer, please stop by the table and hang out!

--Jeremy Portzer

(By the way, if anyone is feeling rich, Internet access at the Circus
costs $200.  It would be really neat to have Internet access for our
table, but the SC couldn't justify spending general donations on this.
But if someone really wants to part with their money...)