[TriLUG] Questions: TriLUG table at Lulu Tech Circus

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Sep 13 09:51:15 EDT 2002

On 13 Sep 2002, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Cool beans!  My kids love to play games on Linux.  If my wife doesn't
> think it will corrupt them too much, I might bring the kids along and
> let them have at it.
>
> Are we providing our own machine for the space or is one being provided
> for us?

Jon,

As I said in my first email, we're planning on bringing at least four
machines, to demontstrate Linux on different platforms.  (refer to
http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020909/010353.html )

> We don't have network, but do we have power or do we need to purchase
> that as well?
>
> How much power do we have?
>
> Can we power multiple machines so that we can setup our own network?

Yes, we'll have plenty of power... the SC is working all of this out. :-)

> Do we want to have a windows box and Linux box setting side-by-side (and
> communicating) so that folks can see the interoperablity of the two?

That's an interesting idea.  Certainly feasible.

> Or do we simply want to hawk Linux and showcase TriLUG as a solutions
> network for folks who are already into Linux or wanting to learn?
>
> Also, do we have an actual table and chairs?

Yes, 8 foot table and 4 chairs.

--Jeremy