[TriLUG] Audio CD w/ data track

jeffj at ro.com jeffj at ro.com
Sat Sep 14 15:52:45 EDT 2002

I'm trying to write an audio CD with a data track such that the data
track doesn't play on an audio CD player. I can get cdrdao to write an
audio disk with a data track, but audio players see the data track as
the first track on the disk. Luckily, the track plays as silence, but
I'd like to avoid it altogether.

I also have a professionally made CD that avoids this problem, but
cdrdao can't find the data track. It is clearly at the begining of the
CD because of where the audio tracks start, but otherwise invisible. It
is a track ment to be readible by a Mac, and it works.

Has anyone on the list tried to do this before?

--
Jeff Jackowski
http://ro.com/~jeffj/