[TriLUG] gcc switch hitting

Heath Holcomb bluetea at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 28 08:07:10 EDT 2002

I don't know exactly how Mandrake lays the compilers out, but if you
change your path so that the gcc 2.96 executable is in your path before
the link, configure should pick it up and use it. E.g.

export PATH=/usr/local/gcc-2.96/bin:${PATH}

If the executable is named something other than gcc, you may have to do
some more tweaking.

I usually compile gcc 2.95.3 and install it in it's own directory under
/usr/local. It's not difficult to compile and will not touch the rest of
your system.

Hope this helps,

Heath