[TriLUG] Lulu Heat

Michael Winslow Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Sun Sep 29 10:14:10 EDT 2002

On Saturday, September 28, 2002, at 11:45 PM, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> I have been to SIGGRAPH and I think the comparison with Lulu is
> not at all fair.  SIGGRAPH is so completely different that Lulu
> that there is no way at all to compare the two.

I think its pretty fair considering SIGGRAPH is a non-profit, and the
Tech Circus is a for-profit company putting on a show that's supposed
to be so good its going to tour around the  country. This weekend's
event would represent a great effort if it had been organized and put
on by a cash-strapped user's group. The fact is it was put on and
backed by a deep pockets, for-profit company.

You only have to compare it with the circus put on at JavaOne
conference for comparison. The JavaOne circus had a live band, circus
performers, a climbing wall, dozens of cool games to play, great food,
etc. And that was in addition to the great talks, expansive vendor
exhibits, Java training courses, concerts, parties, etc.