[TriLUG] Lulu Heat

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 29 11:44:38 EDT 2002

On Sunday 29 September 2002 10:14, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

> You only have to compare it with the circus put on at JavaOne
> conference for comparison. The JavaOne circus had a live band, circus
> performers, a climbing wall, dozens of cool games to play, great food,
> etc. And that was in addition to the great talks, expansive vendor
> exhibits, Java training courses, concerts, parties, etc.

By any chance was the JavaOne circus back in the days that ".com" marketers
would arrange planning meetings in Cancun, that Nortel stock was in the $80
range (now $0.45), and technology was a promising career? :-/  The Sun
marketing group probably footed the bill for that show.

I like the idea of a show put on by "cash-strapped user's group[s]". A
combined linux/BSD installfest, wireless demo, video/sound demo, robo wars,
business-on-Linux, meat+/- cookout, live music event that raises funds for a
charity like computers for schools or West-Nile-free blood.
--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002