[TriLUG] Printing Woes

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 7 14:01:32 EDT 2002

My group is having issues getting printing to work properly on several
of our systems.  We are using several models of HP printers, all with
JetDirect cards.  We are using CUPS and XPP on RH 7.2 systems.  The
problem is that we need to be able to select the orientation and paper
tray.  Landscape printing from applications such as Netscape is an
issue.  In addition, tray selection (letterhead in one tray, plain paper
in another and perhaps legal in a third tray) has been an issue.  Since
we are using Linux on the desktop in office environments, printing like
this is both common and critical.

Is CUPS/XPP the solution that you would suggest for reliablity and ease
of use?
--

Janyne Kizer