[TriLUG] mail server

H. Wade Minter minter at lunenburg.org
Mon Oct 14 14:24:58 EDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> Specifically *because* he is pretty new at this, among other reasons, I
> would recommend *not* using Sendmail and instead using Postfix.
> Sendmail tweaking *is* rocket science.  Postfix is actually pretty
> darned easy to set up.

If you use the recommended M4 method to configure sendmail, it's certainly
NOT rocket science.  A bit obtuse at worst, but not the mess that most
people make it out to be.  It's the extremely rare case that you'll ever
have to do any tweaking on sendmail.cf.

Postfix appears to have a nice clean syntax, and I'm learning and using it
on my company mail server, but the days of hand-editing sendmail.cf are
long since passed.

--Wade

--
If you have a VCR or MP3 player, you need to read these links:

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/
http://www.libertyboard.org/