[TriLUG] wireless locale (What is the general recommended wireless bridge/card recommended for linux 7.3/8.0)

Errol Casey errol at nouce.net
Sat Oct 19 22:58:50 EDT 2002

What is the a low cost suggested wirless hub/bridge
and pcmcia card setup that will work with Linux
7.3 or 8.0, in an old laptop 100mhz pentinum, 40MB
ram.  That will be compatible with most of the new
wireless stuff.

I have a Proxim setup, that is the old standard that is
incompatible with everybody; but I want to get something
that will be buy it and work with redhat linux.

I tried to use the search option on trilug to look
at the archives, but it is giving me an internal error.

I'm on dialup; so didn't try downloading the complete
archive to do a search ... one day I will get broadband
again.