[TriLUG] TriLUG search engine fixed!

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 09:01:30 EDT 2002

Alright!  I fixed it.
  http://www.trilug.org/search.php

I added the patch to Mailman last month, then tonight I regenerated the
Archives and then re-indexed the Search engine (HtDig).  Both items had
to be done late at night, to avoid an interruption in service.

The re-index takes about 600Mb of free disk space, unfortunately the
volume used for the indexing only had about 540Mb free.  I created a
symlink:
  /opt/www/htdig/db ==> /home/htdig/db

which put the search engines database onto the /home volume - which has
the space needed to run the re-index.

The search engine works now, and it even indexes the Mailing list!
WaHoo!

Please test it out and let me know if you have any problems - Jon Carnes

Postscript: It's 2:30am and I'm giving up on Roadrunner being able to
send this out.  It will have to wait till Roadrunner gets its self back
online...

Jon Carnes

======