[TriLUG] OT: Mac OS X list?

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 6 04:05:17 EST 2002

As a satisfied owner of a fairly new Mac G4 Powerbook which I bought because
I wanted a laptop which could run any software: Mac, Linux, or even Windows
(using VMware's PC emulator), I've enjoyed my OSX Jaguar machine immensely.
I've admired Macs in the past but just couldn't afford their high cost.
However, with the I-macs being so cheap (used ones are especially cheap
right now!!), the Mac is poised to invade some markets it hasn't ever been
in before. Moreover, now that OSX is based on BSD that opens up the entire
UNIX software collection for the Mac. In fact, recently SourceForge
announced the creation of a compiler for OSX which could adapt Linux
software to OSX. I don't have any experiences with it, however. I believe
it's called "Fink" or something like that.---AL Johnson.
(yes, I'm a Trilug member).