[TriLUG] php & postfix

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 18:14:59 EST 2002

So your local mail server is named "pihlopase.mine.nu" and its address is
dynamically assigned by Bellsouth.net and the DNS is maintained by a Dynamic
DNS service.  Your local mail server is set to relay all non-local mail on
to the bellsouth mail server: mail.bellsouth.net.

Could be a couple of things stopping you here.  The mailserver
mail.bellsouth.net could be doing a reverse lookup on your ip address, and
discovering it different from your claimed domain name, it could be denying
the relay. It could simply be that mail.bellsouth.net believes your From
address and that domain is not allowed to drop mail for relay on the server.

This works when you send from Evolution... so what is the From address you
use while in evolution?

Is there a different relay server you could use?  One that is less picky.

Jon