[TriLUG] HELP !!! Sambas fallen and it cant get up !

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 11 20:42:50 EST 2002

Roberto,

Do you get errors when you try to start it?  What shows up in the logs?
Have you tried to verify the config file?  It's possible that you now
have a new version of Samba on your system that doesn't like your old
config file, or that your old config file got overwritten.  Try to
verify it using the testparm command:  testparm /path/to/smb.conf

That should tell you something, hopefully.  Otherwise, let us know what
errors you're seeing, and we'll see what we can do to help.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer