[TriLUG] question for the Debian folks

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Mon Dec 2 11:43:02 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:27:30PM -0500, Greg Brown spoke thusly:

> What is a "Debian Potato"?  Is it a small Debian distribution suitable for
> use in development of an embedded system or is it a specific Debian relase
> (like 1.2, 4.3, whatever).

"Potato" is the name of the prior stable 2.2 release. "Woody"
is the current stable 3.0 release. "Sid" is the as-yet-unnumbered
unstable tree.

Eventually, Sid will be come stable enough to be moved to testing, and
a new unstable branch with a new name will be launched.

Debian 2.1 was "Slink." I have no idea what anything before that was
called.

I think the naming scheme should become obvious aftaer a point *grin*

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --