[TriLUG] a (somewhat dated) Linux Journal article and other thoughts

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 3 14:11:01 EST 2002

This article is from Sept. 2002, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway
since it does mention "North Carolina's Triangle" in most the most
flattering light in terms of tech jobs availiable.

<"http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6271&mode=thread&order=0">

Then something struck me.  Has anyone tried to start up a services company
using the talent pool of TriLUG members who are interested?  Think about it.
We've got all the flavors of Linux covered here as well as the major MS
products, nearly every programming language from C to Perl, to Expect, to
Java, or whatever you can think of.  And we have a sizeable Mac community
too boot.  Given all the talents present in the pool I'd say the TriLUG
comprised group could tackle just about any end to end data network issue
(and probably voice as well) and probably technical writing, project
managment, etc, etc.  I bet we have more than our share of layer 2 and 3
network jockies as well.  I'm (thankfully, knock wood) gamefully employed as
of this week but I'd be happy to help put together a skills matrix of any
intersted parites for the heck of it.  It could be fun and you never know
what kind of skills could be unearthed.

Greg