[TriLUG] Re: Label me stupid - undelete cmds?

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 2 08:23:12 EST 2003

James Manning wrote:

>>[bp]
>><snip/>
>>The filesystem was a smbmount of a Windows2000 share.  The win2k recycle
>>bin is empty.
>>

>what was the filesystem type of the share? :)  NTFS (more likely) or
>FAT32 (less), but other possibilities exist (iirc)

It's actually a FAT32 partition, 30gb that was being sorted from a Red
Hat 8.0 smbmount session.

><snip/>
>
>For what should be the same solution path:
>
>http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Win2000/Q_20150636.html

I found that same article via Google before posting - the 4gb of mp3s
that were lost were not that important to actually buy win32 software to
recover them.

I'm currently trying a highly-rated piece from NoNags.com

Thanks,
bp