[TriLUG] Re: An Important Update RE: Your DirecTV DSL Service.

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Tue Jan 7 15:36:53 EST 2003

begin  quotation from Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar at Golux.Com> [on 030107 14:56]:

> anyone else get this?  i'm not so keen on the 'we'll turn you off
> within 24 hours, and it will take 3-5 business days to get turned
> back on again' part.  nor is there any mention of other aspects,
> such as the static ipa, server use, et cetera..

I switched to earthlink, had 2 days of downtime, but it was christmas
eve and christmas, I got a static IP, the dsl "modem" I got does the
PPPoE work, so its ethernet out, similar to the DirecTVDSL box.  Support
hasn't been the best, but its ok.  I paid extra for a static IP, thats
been there most of the time, after some setup glitches.  Overall a happy
customer.

Peace.

john