[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] TriLUG Meeting - Change in location!!

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Wed Jan 8 10:15:06 EST 2003

Due to a scheduling conflict, we need to move the meeting tomorrow to
the Cox building at RTI. Please make note of the changes and check our
site [1] for new directions. Here's a link to a map from RTI also [2].

[1] http://www.trilug.org/cox_directions.php
[2] http://www.rti.org/pubs/rtimaps.pdf

This change is ONLY for this month and ONLY for the meeting Thursday.
The RPM class will still be held in the Dreyfus Auditorium.

**Meeting**
The January meeting of the Triangle Linux Users Group (TriLUG) will be
Thursday, January 9, 2003 at 7:00pm in the **Cox Building** of RTI
(directions on www.trilug.org). Our speaker will be Rob Wehrli, of
Arizona Cooperative Power [3], presenting on embedded uClinux and the
Hitachi H8S microprocessor. Rob hails from Glendale, Arizona, and will
have two uClinux development kits to give away. Free pizza and drinks
will be supplied so join us!

[3] http://www.azpower.com/H8-uClinux/

**Class**
The next class will be "Roll Your Own RPM" on Saturday, January 11, 2003
in Dreyfus Auditorium at RTI (directions on www.trilug.org). Our
instructor will be Tanner Lovelace. Class will start at 2 pm and may run
until 4 pm. Tanner recommends that you have some Linux experience (i.e.
you should feel comfortable compiling and installing your own programs
from source). Please RSVP to LisaB at trilug.org. The class is free, but
we remind you that TriLUG is a donation run organization. If you find
value in the classes we are providing, please consider making a
donation.

I realize that this class and the last kernel class are not typical
topics for new users. I have a list of classes that we hope to offer
over the next year and will be sharing those soon. We are in the
planning stages of having an installfest in February or March. I hope to
have some information put together by then to help new users feel more
comfortable using open source software. Much more information to come,
so stay tuned to either the main TriLUG email list [4] or the
announcement list [5].

Lisa Boyd
Outreach / Public Relations
Triangle Linux Group (TriLUG)