[TriLUG] New Thinkpad T23!

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Jan 8 08:22:36 EST 2003

> The recovery CDs are fine, but for the most part you need OS CDs, and a
> collection of drivers on CD for the machine is all.  I never like the
> vendor installations anyways.  I expect to reload systems every now and
> then.

The recovery CD's from IBM use an Imaged copy of the Windows OS for that
machine and install the drivers for you.

> I would however recommend that you get the drivers downloaded and burned
> to CD for the OS that you expect to run, Windows ones, Linux stuff too
> all on a CD before you get carried away.  IBM has a history of not
> functioning with the default OS installations.  Most Compaq branded
> systems will run, but you need to get better drivers for some things,
> NIC etc.

Just copy the C:\IBMTOOLS folder on your Windows partition. This is all the
preinstalled non-OS software and the drivers. It fits on one CD. (Told you
I've done this before!).

Good Luck.