[TriLUG] New Thinkpad T23!

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Jan 8 08:19:09 EST 2003

I suggest you simply image the entire disk. That way, you can pull either
partition.

This partition is called the "service" partition according to IBM. You can
also recreate the second partition if you blow the disk and reinstall
Windows (meaning you have the media, not just the hidden partition). You
have to use the IBM RRPC (Rapid Restore PC) software that is a free download
for your T23.

You should be able to fit the whole disk on 3 CD's.We do this at work all
the time. (Did I mention we are an IBM shop?)

Have fun.