[TriLUG] linuux mouse kvm problems

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Wed Jan 8 11:17:48 EST 2003

Well, I've been a KVM user for 6 years now.  Started with a cybex
Commander (I recommend if they're still around) moved through an APEX
box (Don't recommend) and settled onto various Belkin hardware.

Now, using the 2 port omniview box at home, I've _never_ had problems
like you describe.  Of course, mine is powered, and that can make a
difference.  (On some systems, they are finicky about voltage drops on
the PS/2 line)

On the 2x8 matrix Belkin switches I have seen the problem you describe,
but just switching between boxes and back again, this time counting to
10 before touching anything seems to fix.

I recommend the Belkin hardware, and am sorry to see it's causing so
many problems for people.

As usual, just my $0.02

CJK