[TriLUG] If you're interested in trying Mandrake 9.0 out--you may be able to get a copy at Borders!!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 13 21:04:10 EST 2003

Picked up the latest copy of Linux Format magazine from Great Britain and
was astonished to discover that in addition to their regular CD full of new
Linux software, they included two disks containing the download version of
Mandrake 9.0. This magazine costs $13.95, so a copy of Mandrake 9.0 would
set you back this much. The only place I can reliably obtain this magazine
is at Borders. Occasionally, I've found it at Barnes & Noble, but they don't
seem to order as many copies as Borders. If you can find it at Barnes &
Noble, you might want to get it there, because when they have it, it is
usually the DVD version which has a lot more Linux software on it. ---Bon
Appetit !!--Al Johnson.

P.S. if anyone knows if there are other local magazine racks with Linux
Format magazine, I'd love to hear about it.