[TriLUG] OT broadband question

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Jan 15 14:28:28 EST 2003

This may be their intention, but it is not always implemented. Note the
transcript below from my home computer, which is on an earthlink cable
setup:

aperrin at dhcp-1032-2404:~$ telnet smtp.unc.edu 25
Trying 152.2.1.243...
Connected to smtpsrv12.isis.unc.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp.unc.edu ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.2/8.12.2; Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:27:06
-0500 (EST)
quit
221 2.0.0 smtp.unc.edu closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu