[TriLUG] Pre-installation on Sun Ultra 2

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Wed Jan 29 10:22:03 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 10:04, Jeremy Portzner wrote:

> Make sure you turn off both hardware and software flow control (in the
> serial port setup in minicom).  This was the ticket in getting the
> serial console to work for me on TriLUG's Ultra 5.

Good.  I remember that one was on and one was off (whatever
the default setting is).  I'll try setting both to 'off'.
Unfortunately, the system is at home and I'm at work so
I'll have to wait until this evening to try.

> You should still be able to get the serial console to display
> *something* even if the NVRAM is bad, I think.

I hope so.  I'm assuming that I wouldn't see anything if
the CPU was bad.  I'd spring for an OBP chip but replacing the CPU module would cost more than another used system.

Thanks for your help.