[TriLUG] OT: USA Patriot Act II

Greg gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 9 01:54:35 EST 2003

Phillip:

Thanks for pointing out the new bill in Congress, and as
died-in-the-wool republican even I have problems with some the things
that Team Bush is trying to push through Congress.  That said, if the
majority of Americans think that what is going on in Washington is as
bad as many say it is we can look forward to a new president after next
year's elections.  That's the American way.  Democracy at work.

This brings me to some other questions.  After searching the archives I
see that you have an e-mail address that resolves back to the UK yet you
have posted local (919) phone numbers on the list.  Are you an ex-pat
Brit living here in the USA or are you a US Citizen with a UK e-mail
address?  Just curious.  The reason why I ask this stems from a .sig
from an e-mail you sent previously which can be viewed by clicking on
the provided link (I have also included this at the end of this
e-mail):  <"http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/dev/2002-March/000175.html">

I work with Brits on a daily basis and I find your comments about
Afghanistan to mirror those of my English co-workers which leads me back
to the "are you an ex Brit Pat in-country on a H-1B visa"?

Like I said, just curious.  Cheerio.  God save the Queen.  And may the
US save the UK.

Greg

Phillip's old sig:
"America is at war with Afghanistan.  America has always been at war
with Afghanistan.  Russia is our ally.  Russia has always been our ally.

Read Orwell's 1984.  Read a newspaper.  Fear the future.

The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of
liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the
increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson Speech in New York, September 9, 1912

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little
order, will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin"