[TriLUG] RE: Redhat 8 upgrade toubles

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Feb 20 15:36:29 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 13:14, Jeff Jackowski wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Joseph Tate wrote:
>
> >Did you run rpm --rebuildb?
>
> Yes, and I get about the same error. Here it is:
>
> /usr/lib/rpm/rpmd: relocation error: /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so: undefined
> symbol: poptSaveInt

Hi Jeff,

Your rpm commands are failing because they can't load the dynamic
library code for the "popt" (a command-line option parsing) library.  So
it seems likely that you've either deleted the popt library or moved it
without re-running ldconfig.

Go verify that you have popt properly installed and working correctly
with the dynamic loader (see "man ldconfig" and "man ld.so.conf" for
more details).

Ed

ps - Have you been either moving libraries by hand or using rpm with
     any of the --force options?  If so, same on *you*.

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483