[TriLUG] RE: Redhat 8 upgrade toubles

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Thu Feb 20 17:11:55 EST 2003

On 20 Feb 2003, Ed Hill wrote:

>> >Did you run rpm --rebuildb?
>>
>> Yes, and I get about the same error. Here it is:
>>
>> /usr/lib/rpm/rpmd: relocation error: /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so: undefined
>> symbol: poptSaveInt
>
>Hi Jeff,
>
>Your rpm commands are failing because they can't load the dynamic
>library code for the "popt" (a command-line option parsing) library.  So
>it seems likely that you've either deleted the popt library or moved it
>without re-running ldconfig.

I managed to fix the problem -- there was an older set of popt libraries
causing trouble in /lib. Your email made me look in that direction, so
thanks for the help!

>Ed
>
>ps - Have you been either moving libraries by hand or using rpm with
>     any of the --force options?  If so, same on *you*.

Nope. It all worked before I tried to upgrade to RH8. Then everything but
"rpm -q" worked. Then I upgraded to the RH8.x beta, and rpm didn't work at
all.

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/