[TriLUG] Updating via RPM

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 6 14:18:31 EST 2003

I have a simple RPM that I created a few weeks ago.  I created a new
version of it and I would like to update it using our Current server to
distribute it via up2date.  I am having a problem, though, that if the
new version is installed using that -U command by hand or from the
Current server, it doesn't seem to work.  If it installed with the -i
command after the previous version is removed with the -e, it works fine
(or with --force).  From what I can tell, -U should be doing the same
thing...  Anyway, since I can get the RPM to work under some
circumstances, I know that the file that is being replaced is really
there, I just don't understand why update doesn't update it!

Any pointers that would help me get to the bottom of this would be
appreciated...
--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator