[TriLUG] Installing Red Hat 7.1 on RS/6000, type 7046-B50

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 09:24:19 EST 2003

>--- Brent Fox <bfox at linuxheadquarters.com> wrote:
> Are you trying to do a serial install or do you have a monitor hooked up
> to the machine?

I have a graphics card installed, works well.  From all I can figure, my disc 1
of 3 must have something wrong with it?!?  I can read its contents in my W2k
workstation drive with no problem.  I have NO clue how or where to begin making
my own bootable CD for this architecture if this one is bad.  We only have 1
burner here and it is external SCSI on a Win machine.  Here's what is on the
root of the CD:

/etc
/ppc
/RedHat
.disc1-ppc
autorun
COPYING
README
README.de
README.ja
RELEASE-NOTES
RELEASE-NOTES.de
RELEASE-NOTES.ja
RPM-GPG-KEY
TRANS.TBL

So from little bit I do know, that seems to have all it needs to be bootable.
I re-tested the hardware again by using the SuSE installation I have, it still
boots from the CD no problem, so I don't suspect hardware is the issue at all.

Thanks,
Turnpike420

BTW, Brent, you are at Red Hat correct? I believe you have ownership of a
bugzilla report I made last week about user password issues when creating with
the RH User Manager gui tool in RH 8.0 and have since delegated to a
programmer??  Small world eh?  :)