[TriLUG] Installing Red Hat 7.1 on RS/6000, type 7046-B50

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 01:23:10 EST 2003

<snip>
> So I talked to one of our pSeries guys today and he said that your
> particular model was not supported by the 7.1 pSeries release that we
> did.  :(  I'm not sure that there's any workaround.

Well crapola... I was last speaking with David L. and we were on the road to a
support contract... sounds like I'm glad we didn't take the final turn.  Now
Chris B. has been changed into my RH sales person, waiting to hear from him on
the matter.  Hmmm... SuSE 7.1 works on these machines... hate to use that
instead of a distro I'm more familiar with.  I really enjoy using Red Hat's
distro.  People have mentioned Debian... there are a few others to choose from
I suppose.  There is obvious interest in this piece of hardware too, so there
must be a good linux install for it.  *ponders*

Group, I'm open to suggestion... If asked REALLY nicely, although I missed the
install session, I might be able to arrange a play session with these machines
at my office.  Those who attend could all learn and play together!  Sounds like
Kindergarten?  I'm up for it!  Any interest?  Let me know!  I have 2 of these
puppies dying for Linux (screw AIX! (sorry IBMers, I really don't like it.) at
least I'm honest right?).

Well, if I haven't offended anyone too badly, let me know if you have an
interest and I'll setup the meet at my office space (just off Page Rd. from
I-40).  I'm the network admin/engineer/web designer/jack of everything where I
work... so I suppose alerting the owners of our meet is all I need to do to
have us over.

looking forward to hearing from you,
Turnpike420 (David)