[TriLUG] OT: Designing a computer lab layout

Chris MacLeod stick at miscellaneous.net
Wed Mar 12 21:39:03 EST 2003

On the same note as Jon, with the power also consider the wattage.

This might be more suitable to a discussion about datacenters/cages but I figure it's warranted here as well.

Be away that you can't just stack power strips on one after another.  I once did a cage layout and realized that we had plenty of outlets but that we only had 4 15amp circuits so while we had about 20 outlets we could only use 2 or 3 for each one b/c of the wattage limits.

Just something else to remember...

Stick