[TriLUG] [OT] Inexpensive Wi-Fi Card Locally?

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Mon Mar 17 17:38:29 EST 2003

The dlink "+" cards do not work under linux.  The have a TI chipset that
TI will not release any documentation for and will not allow anyone to
write a linux driver for.  I have one of these and have been patiently
waiting for a linux driver.  None is forthcoming, so I bought an orinoco
card off ebay.  It works like a dream.  See

	http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkDwl650Plus

for more info on Dlink "+" card problems.

--
Steve Kuekes

Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com