[TriLUG] OT: Designing a computer lab layout

Joe Meador linux at alien.biochem.wfubmc.edu
Wed Mar 26 11:27:52 EST 2003

Thanks to everyone that replied about the computer layout -

Power seems to be the big concern.  I'm asking for them to run 208V
instead of 120V in the room.  Also asking for 30A circuit.  Looks like our
computers will be putting off around 13,000 BTU/hour so we're going to
need significant cooling as well.

I am still unsure about what lighting to ask for.  Probably something
adjustable or soft because this room will be used mostly for research and
not teaching.

I'm also unsure about how the layout should be - the wiring will probably
be around the walls of the 20' x 25' room so I will probably setup desks
around the walls.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Joe Meador
joe at alien.biochem.wfubmc.edu