[TriLUG] wireless bridge?

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Fri Mar 28 07:36:21 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 12:40, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> So I bought an SMC NAT/WAP device and two LinkSys PCI
> wireless cards. Terrible outcome! One of the desktops never gets a signal.
> The other desktop gets an "excellent" signal about 3/4 of the time, the
> rest of the time gets no signal at all.

FWIW, I have an SMC 2652W AP which wigs out often. The packet-transmit
light blinks continuously when there's no signal around, causing me to
power cycle it a few times before it gets its brain back.

Granted, it's a refurbished model, but I've seen weird stuff with my
other SMC product, a 5-port switch. It locked up the other day on an
essentially-empty network.

I question the wisdom of buying SMC stuff.

(YMMV, etc.)