[TriLUG] USB Port Replicator

Ken Mink kenmink at alumni.clemson.edu
Thu Mar 27 09:28:06 EST 2003

I used to sync my Palm via IR with my old Thinkpad. This machine doesn't
have IR. I just sync with my home machine. Less frequently than I
should.

Still the Belkin port replicator is great. It's got a power brick, which
means that all tbe USB ports have plenty of power.

If you're just looking for dual PS/2 to USB, that a look at Y-Mouse
adapters. I use one at home with my MAC. It takes a PS/2 mouse and a
PS/2 keyboard and that's it. The Y-Mouse has some intelligence though.
With the MAC, it remaps the Windows and ALT keys to the Command and
Apple keys. It also turns Scroll Lock into the power button. There are
some PC related functions too. The mappings are configurable and it's
not much larger than a standard y cable. Pretty slick.

Ken