[TriLUG] ISDN TA Pro problems with wvdial - I have the same issue you had.

Mr. Lindsay Morris lmorris at servergraph.com
Sat Mar 29 16:53:34 EST 2003

William, my wvdial, talking to my USR ISDN TS Pro, says "waiting for
carrier",
but the ISDN TA never gives it a message like "CONNECT 64000".

Do you remember what you did?
Here's what you said earlier:
===================================
On a successful connection, the first channel (I am using MultiLinkPPP)
comes up, "CONNECT 128000" is displayed, and WVDIAL continues on to a
successful link.

On an unsuccessful connection, the first channel comes up, NO connect
message is displayed, and about 10 seconds later, the LCP or whatever
preamble is received (you know, the part with all the }}}'s) but the dialer
does not continue, and eventually the link times out.

One can assume that some minor difference in the unit on the other end is
causing a reaction.  It is also safe to note that if I do NOT use MPPP, but
stick with a single channel, that it connects on all attempts.

I *believe* that the most practical solution is to switch to using the CHAT
dialer and set up a script that simply ignores the result code and waits for
the preamble, but I'd like to hear more seasoned users comment on it.

Thanks. I'm sure you're busy, but even crumbs are welocome...

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect
www.servergraph.com
859-253-8000