[TriLUG] need to rein in WinXP

Chip Davis chip at aresti.com
Thu Apr 3 16:08:12 EST 2003

Thanks, Lee.  That seems to be the consensus opinion.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the term "overlay" in reference to a
drive. Is that something I should worry about with a factory installation
of WindowsXP on a ThinkPad?

Unfortunately, as is maddeningly usual I will be out of town for the next
meeting (teaching UNIX in Columbia, MD) so I guess I'll try to find a
copy of Partition Magic elsewhere.

Thanks,

-Chip-

Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody
is "the most reliable Windows ever."  To me, this is like saying that
asparagus is "the most articulate vegetable ever." -D.Barry

** Reply to note from Lee Fickenscher <elfick at trilug.org> Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:03:15 -0500